Music at KS4

Year 10 and 11(KS4) build upon KS3 development and the three subject specific skills are further refined. Performance and Composition forms 60% of the assessment towards the final grade with Listening and Appraising making up the remaining 40%. This is broken down into Areas of Study that exist covering Musical Forms and Devices, Ensemble Music, Film Music and Popular Music. Learning is embedded through a cocktail of Practical, Theory and Assessment lessons.

Exam Information

The exam board we use is EDUQAS.