Thinking about a career in teaching?
At Imberhorne School, we offer an experienced, personalised school-based teacher training programme with a legacy of success.
Imberhorne is in teacher training partnerships with a number of institutions and organisations including:
- Inspiring Future Teachers – we are a member of the Tanbridge Teacher Training SCITT hub - https://www.inspiringfutureteachers.org/tanbridge
- GLF the nominated West Sussex Teaching School Hub - https://www.glfschools.org/
- The Mid-Sussex Learning Federation with Sackville (East Grinstead), Oathall (Haywards Heath) and Downlands (Hassocks)
- Local universities principally Sussex & Brighton universities along with Chichester and Roehampton
Imberhorne offers three routes into teaching, these are as follows:
- PGCE placements that combine classroom experience in school with university tuition
- School Direct placements via Millais School - https://www.millais.org.uk/
- School centred initial teacher training (SCITT) with GLF and Tandbridge SCITT (https://www.inspiringfutureteachers.org/tanbridge). Both School Direct and SCITT placements are school based training routes.
We are keen to engage with candidates who have a passion for their subject and the learning process, whilst wanting to inspire young people to fulfil their potential. If this describes you then please do get in touch by contacting our Professional Tutor, Nathan Booth, via e-mail: nbooth [at] imberhorne [dot] co [dot] uk
Where can I find more information?
You will also find a wealth of information on the Department for Education and GLF websites: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/ and https://www.glfscitt.org/68/events and for career change especially the https://nowteach.org.uk/
Why train with us and what support will I get during my training?
At Imberhorne, we provide a strong and experienced support network for trainees. As part of a Federation of schools trainees will be able to work across schools and access a broader range of training . On a day to day basis you will work closely with your subject mentor and other members of the appropriate department/faculty. In addition to this, you will have a professional tutor who will meet with you to keep an overview of your training and to provide support and guidance where and when needed.
We have a history of success in developing teachers many of whom have gone on to work with us or within our locality.